Saturday 29 January 2011

Scott Coker says Nick Diaz vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller needs to happen sooner than later

Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker has revealed that as far as he’s concerned a much anticipated fight between welterweight champion, Nick Diaz and Jason “Mayhem” Miller needs to happen at some point after the two were central in the “Nashville brawl” back in April 2010.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Coker said:
“Sometimes I’ll call Cesar (Gracie), but on that occasion I didn’t call Cesar and I let my guys handle it, and it was really close. I thought it was going to happen, but at the last minute it fell apart. I know weight was definitely one of the issues.”
“The weight they say ‘oh it’s only two pounds, three pounds, but you know what? When you’re two or three percent body fat, five percent body fat, there’s just not a lot to lose and we just couldn’t bridge the gap. In the future, I’d still like to put that fight together because I think they have some unfinished business with that match-up.”
“To me whether it’s at a higher weight or a lower weight, those guys need to get it on. We all know what happened in Nashville, all the drama there, and he was after one of the boys of Nick and whatever happened, happened, and we’re all through with it, but I think the bad blood between those two guys is still there.”
Diaz has a number of challengers lining up to take a crack at him at 170 pound, with Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos squaring off with him tomorrow night in San Jose, California and UK heavy hitter, Paul “Semtex” Daley waiting in the wings. Is there room for a fight against Miller in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive