Wednesday 26 January 2011

Matt Mitrione says it would be an honour to face Cheick Kongo next inside the octagon

UFC heavyweight on the rise, Matt Mitrione has been speaking about who he’d like to fight the next time he steps inside the octagon, with Wolfslair MMA Academy star, Cheick Kongo topping the list for the former NFL star.
Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Mitrione said:
“I would be honored to fight Cheick Kongo. I think that would be a lot of fun to throw down. I think it would be a lot of fun to fight somebody of that caliber. Somebody that has legendary stand-up, has a wrestling game to them, has a good ground-and-pound game. I think it would be fun. I think it would be a real trip to get in there and see how well I can fare against him.”
“I respect the hell out of him. I’ve met him several times, and he’s always been extremely cool and very, very polite. I think it would be a lot fun.”
“I see on the Underground that people are calling out Shane Carwin and stuff like that. That’s a different type of ball game. I think all of us in this division stand a puncher’s chance against anybody, but I think that there’s a lot of development I have, and I think that if I’m fortunate enough to get to fight Cheick, I would have to have five, six months off before that fight to make sure I have developed the things that I’m weakest on and that I get to come in there as developed and as strong as possible.”
Mitrione has looked impressive when he’s faced people who have been happy to strike with him, destroying the likes of Marcus Jones, “Kimbo Slice” and most recently, Tim Hague inside the octagon. Will the promotion grant him his wish and schedule a fight against Kongo over the summer months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive