Thursday 27 January 2011

Anderson Silva wants to compete in the biggest fights of all time and Georges St. Pierre fits that bill perfectly

Ed Soares, the manager and translator of UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva has this week been speaking about the timeline for the retirement of the ultra-talented Brazilian from the sport of mixed martial arts, as well as the marquee fights he’s looking to take part in before the end.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Soares said:
“Whether people like it or not, he’s in the later phase of his career. I could see him fighting for another two years, for sure. He wants to fight the best. In a perfect world, I’d like to see Anderson retire in the UFC going undefeated in the UFC. If I could have my perfect world, that’s what I would love to see. He’s probably got a good five or six fights left to do, I believe.”
When asked about the possibility of a super fight between “The Spider” and 170 pound champion, Georges St. Pierre, Soares said:
“I think it’s a fight the world wants to see and I think it could be one of the biggest fights of all time. I think Anderson’s focus right now is Vitor Belfort. That’s what we’re focused on. Georges St-Pierre is an incredible fighter. He’s definitely the best fighter at 170 pounds.”
“It would be an honor to fight Georges St-Pierre, just like it would be an honor for Georges to fight Anderson. It’s two great champions going in there and answering the question who the best pound-for-pound fighter is in the world. I think it could be a huge fight. ”
For this one to happen not only would Silva need to defeat Belfort in less than two weeks time, but St. Pierre must head to Canada and defeat former Strikeforce middleweight champion at UFC 129. Will the promotion stay true to their word and book this fight between these two superstars?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive