Thursday 10 October 2013

GSP 'very disappointed' with lack of UFC support

In an interview with the French language site lapresse.ca, St-Pierre says he is 'very disappointed' in the lack of support from the UFC for his drug testing efforts.
Since George St-Pierre made up his mind to submit to serious doping controls for his next fight, the Québécois feels abandoned by the UFC. The organization has shown no enthusiasm for the initiative. Worse, the UFC president has even offered veiled criticism. 
"We miss the boat now," said St-Pierre. "The only thing is that I do not know if they are willing to support me. I thought they were ready to support me, but I was disappointed, very disappointed with this turn of events.

"There are things I can not say. I do not want to get back to the UFC because it is my employer. However, I do not take journalists for idiots. They are able to read between the lines. They are able to see what happens."

"It bothers me to fight against guys who use performance-enhancing drugs, because it is not fair. It's a nasty difference in training, argues St-Pierre. "There are those who say: 'Doping, it does not bother me.' Me, it bothers me... Without accusing anyone, if there are some who do not want to do the tests, I'll do the fighting. It will not be the first time. But it's just that I'm getting a little tired of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive