Wednesday 4 September 2013

Riggs injured, Fight Master finale delayed

Bellator's Fight Master reality television debut season was expected to close with a fight between finalists Joe Riggs and Mike Bronzouli on Saturday. However, it was announced earlier today that Riggs suffered suffered a partial orbital bone fracture and retina detachment in training three weeks ago, and the bout will be postponed until he recovers.

“My sparring partner threw a high kick and I blocked it, but his toe went through my head gear,” said the 30-year-old Riggs on Friday. “I was in horrible pain and they had to pry my eye open to see the damage.”

Riggs underwent a four-hour surgery for the injury that night, he said, and spent four days recovering in an Arizona hospital. Riggs said the surgery was successful and his physician has already cleared him to train again.

“I can be ready in October or Nov. 2, if they need me,” said Riggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive