Tuesday 12 February 2013

BAMMA Adds Leeroy Barnes vs. Steve Watson To March 9 Prelim Card

The UK’s premier Mixed Martial Arts promotion, BAMMA, is proud to announce a Middleweight bout between Leeroy Barnes and Steve Watson to the preliminary card for BAMMA 12, which takes place at Newcastle’s Metro Radio Arena on Saturday 9th March 2013.
Tickets are on sale now from www.BAMMA.com, www.metroradioarena.co.uk and http://www.kililive.com/BAMMA

Leeroy Barnes impressed fans at BAMMA 8 when he pushed then champion, Jack Marshman, the full distance; and again at BAMMA 9 when he submitted UK veteran, Matt Ewin. At BAMMA 10, it took Denniston Sutherland three rounds and a decision to secure the victory over Barnes. Barnes went on to defeat Micky Burns by Guillotine Choke at Made 4 the Cage in December.
Sunderland’s Steve Watson presents a professional record of 4-1-0, with all of his wins achieved in the first round and his one loss against Eugene Fadiora (12-1-0) at Made 4 the Cage last year.

Leeroy Barnes said:
“I’m really looking forward to fighting in Newcastle. I have a lot of friends and support in the area, and in the North East fight fans are some of the best. I appreciate Watson stepping in after my original opponent pulled out. I’ve seen him fight a couple of times and he’s capable but he obviously thinks I’m the kind of fighter he can prepare for in 3 weeks. I am not and he will learn this the hard way when I attack him on March 9th. I’m coming to prove a point and fans can expect it to be explosive. ”

Steve Watson said:
“I’m looking forward to facing another top 20 ranked fighter on one of the best shows in England in my home town. I’ll be going for a Knock Out or Submission, so Leeroy, look out!”

Follow @leeroybarnes and @BAMMAUK on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive