Saturday 19 January 2013

MFC Signs Anthony Birchak To Emerging Bantamweight Division


Over the past year, the Maximum Fighting Championship has successfully brought to life its featherweight (145-pound) division, and re-ignited its heavyweight ranks to bolster an ever-increasing stable of world-class fighters.
And now the Maximum Fighting Championship is pleased to announce the launch of its new bantamweight division along with the first fighter signed to compete in what will be a deep talent pool of exciting competitors.
The 135-pound division will launch at MFC 37: True Grit taking place on Friday, May 10 at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, and live on AXS TV Fights.
Jumping on board as the first fighter in the MFC’s bantamweight ranks is Anthony Birchak (9-1), who will bring a three-bout winning streak into his organizational debut.
“Anthony is the next generation of MMA fighter,” touted MFC Owner/President Mark Pavelich. “He is the total package from his fight game to his personality to his social media skills.
“It’s the direction we are moving in. He can sell the fight then back it up in the ring. The new 135-pound division needs to take notice because trouble is coming and his name is Anthony Birchak.”
Birchak, currently ranked 91st in the world by Fight Matrix (http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/bantamweight/2/
), has a well-established background in wrestling including AAU All-American honors, but his overall approach has created quite an imposing threat. The 26-year-old from Tucson, Arizona, is a noted finisher with five first-round stoppages, five victories via submission during a career-starting six-fight winning streak, and three straight wins all by knockout.
“My opponents feel my wrestling and they go to sleep because of my hands,” said Birchak, whose most-recent outing was a first-round knockout victory over Matt Leyva.
“Wrestling has been the driving force behind my competitive streak but I needed to round out my game and I’ve been working on my stand-up non-stop. I’ve really transitioned from being a wrestler to being a striker.”
Birchak (Twitter: @abirchakMMA) has anxiously been awaiting the opportunity to become the cornerstone of the MFC’s bantamweight division, and is now gearing up to make his official entry at MFC 37.
“I’ve been on pins and needles, waiting with baited breath,” said Birchak, an avid graphic artist. “I want to be that guy who makes the MFC bantamweight division known. I want people to know who I am and become one of the biggest names in the world as I make my own brand.
“What sets me apart from another man in the ring is that when I see a finish, I’m on it. I do want to finish fights. So many guys are fighting safely now and it’s boring.
“No one ever accomplished anything great in life by being safe. I live by the sword and die by the sword.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive