Wednesday 19 December 2012

"Stun Gun" Kim isn’t impressed to be fighting Siyar Bahadurzada at UFC on FUEL TV 8


Speaking via Fighters Only Magazine, Kim said:
“I fought over ten times in the UFC so I am pretty indifferent to who my opponent is. But still I want to have a fight that will get the fans excited. Siyar Bahadurzada seems to have a good record but there isn’t much tape on him, but I will be careful because I heard he is a striker. I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t find a tape of Siyar in a grueling grappling type fight. Because so many people think I will win easily I have to be extra careful not to underestimate him. I didn’t expect to be offered Siyar Bahadurzada. I wanted a fight with a more experienced fighter with name value.
 
“My opponent definitely knows I will try to time his strikes with takedowns so I believe I have to change my style in this fight. I can’t be caught off guard by Siyar’s feints. Actually I plan on doing the reverse and striking with him. If I fight like I did against Paulo Thiago I might lose. I am planning a good strategy for Siyar. The flight to Japan is really short so I am happy about that. I have fought in Japan a lot of times so I have no problems with the food or transportation. I also know some basic Japanese. But the most important thing is when the fights will take place. If it is at night, my conditioning will be even better than at Macau.”

“I went to the UFC event in Japan last time and some of the undercard fighters were fighting at around 5 in the morning. If Kang Kyung Ho is in the undercard I will have to follow him to his fight. If I don’t, I won’t be able to check the cage. I think the cage check is extremely important. If that happens it will be pretty bad for my conditioning. I need at least 12 hours of being awake before I fight. It’s just wrong to have to wake up at 1-2 in the morning and go fight right after opening your eyes. Also it will be really hard to recover fully from the weight cut within that span of time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive