Monday 3 December 2012

Davis: I'm ready for everything

"I'm ready for everything that goes along with fighting Forrest Griffin," Davis said in a UFC 155 pre-fight interview with UFC.com. "I'm more or less ready to write my own story ... this is one of those fights. "

Griffin has fought the best in the world in his seven-year stint with the UFC, winning a majority of those match ups. The 33-year-old has admitted in the past it takes getting his clock cleaned a few times to wake up for a fight, and Davis sees that trait as one to be weary of.
"Everything he has, he will try to hit you with," he said of Griffin. "He's almost better when he's down a round-and-a-half, that's when he's most dangerous."
Davis feels the December bout is coming at the perfect time in his career. After a dominant submission win over Wagner Prado at UFC 153, the Pennsylvania native feels ready to take on a fighter with the credentials of Griffin.

"I'm just now reaching my stride," said Davis. "Not where I want to be, nowhere near where I'm going to be, but just now reaching the point where I'm like, ‘Well, I can do something really cool."

via:sbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive