Monday 10 December 2012

Miesha Tate: never turned down the Rousey fight

"It was said by Ronda and I felt it was implied by Dana (White). Dana had said that Liz (Carmouche) was the only one that stepped up and had wanted the fight and wanted to take it and what not and, you know, excuse my language, I don't usually talk like this, but I call bullshit. It's absolutely bullshit. I was never offered the fight. So whether Ronda is misinformed or she's going on another one of her tangents to get publicity, it's absolutely not the truth. I was never offered the fight and you have to be absolutely crazy to think I would ever turn down the opportunity to be the first women's MMA fight in the UFC and for a rematch with Ronda at the same time. I mean, they say you can't have your cake and eat it too, that would kind of be like having your cake and eating it too. I would have taken that in a heartbeat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive