Tuesday 5 July 2011

Fedor Emelianenko says his future is “God’s will” ahead of pivotal showdown with Dan Henderson

fedor with his spiritual guide
Formerly ranked number one fighter on the planet, Fedor Emelianenko has been giving a little insight into where his heads at following back-to-back losses inside the Strikeforce cage ahead of taking on fellow legend, Dan Henderson later this month and for the Russian his fate seems to be “God’s will”.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Fedor said:
“I did speak of retiring and it was said in haste. After returning home, I discussed the situation with my coaches and spiritual father. After this I was absolutely sure that it is not the time for retirement and I must continue to fight. Now I’m training and preparing for the next battle with Dan Henderson. We will look at the circumstances after and evaluate then.”
“I am human like everyone else. I don’t consider my achievements as a ‘legacy.’ I’ve never considered myself as a ‘legend’ – just a simple man with heart. I have been blessed to have competed with success. MMA is a sport and any time you compete one person will win and one person will not. All I can do is prepare my best and everything else is God’s will.”
“I have competed as a heavyweight all my career and this contest with Dan Henderson will be in this weight class as well. I will prepare to the best of my abilities. What happens after is God’s will.”
Henderson recently won the promotions light heavyweight title, defeating Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante via TKO as the fight wore on. As for Fedor, he’s looking to rebound from the first back-to-back defeats of his MMA career, losing out to Fabricio Werdum and Antonio “Big Foot” Silva. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive