Monday 1 October 2012

Rashad Evans turned down fight with Glover Teixeira due to short notice

Glover Teixeira was originally scheduled to fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as the co-main event at UFC 153 on Oct. 13 in Rio de Janeiro. Rampage suffered a training injury, and withdrew from the fight.
UFC President Dana White this past weekend reported that the fight was then offered to former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evan, among others. Evans declined the fight, which was eventually taken by Fabio Maldonado, on about three weeks' notice.
Evans confirmed via Twitter that there had been an offer to fight Teixeira, and cited inadequate preparation time as the reason for devclining.
Rashad Evans ‏@SugaRashadEvans
I will fight anybody with the proper notice.. But after 8yrs with the UFC & being one of their top earners. Y would I take a bad fight?!
Bad fight meaning not being in shape. Losing is hard enough but I will never serve myself up! If I'm haven't been training I won't fight!
I know alot of u fans may not realize but I don't walk around ready 2 fight. No one does. In this sport it takes at least 8wks 2 b ready!
 
via:mmajunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive