Tuesday 9 October 2012

New UFC contracts to ban 'dangerous activities'

The existence of the clause first came out from a video interview that Donald Cerrone did with Tracy Lee. Dana White has since confirmed the story as accurate to MMAfighting.com via text message.
The exact contract wording and full restrictions are unknown. These would be in all new contracts. Fighters with existing contracts would not have the clause put in place until it's time to negotiate a new deal.

All fighters, however, are going to be soon aware the company is frowning on activities such as motorcycle riding, which is also banned in standard NFL and NBA contracts.
"They say you can't snowboard, wakeboard, bungee jump, all kinds of ridiculous things," said Cerrone in the interview, where he talked about a new goal of becoming a professional wakeboarder. "Horseback riding, yeah, which, I own horses and I will not not ride them. So I guess I just have to sit down with Dana and figure this out. But that's who I am, you know. I'm just wild and crazy and I need these things. I can't get painted into a corner is what I'm saying. So I gotta figure it out."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive