Sunday 28 October 2012

Miguel Torres looking forward to fighting under WSOF banner.

Speaking via MMAWeekly, Torres said:
“Going back to November, it was a big blow. I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again. The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski. I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual. I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard. I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him. I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight. I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time. I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive