Saturday 8 September 2012

Jorgen Kruth Retires Unexpectedly, Leaves Fabio Maldonado Without Opponent At UFC on Fuel TV 5

It appears Swedish mixed martial artist Jorgen Kruth has retired this was an unexpected decision. Kruth was a veteran kickboxer, with over 80 bouts in the sport. In 2009 he made the transition to MMA, putting together an impressive 5-0 record with all wins coming by way of finish.

The news of Kruth's retirement comes just three weeks ahead of his scheduled fight against Fabio Maldonado at UFC on Fuel TV 5, leaving Maldonado and the UFC in an odd position. The story was broken by Expressen, a Swedish magazine, and translated by Studio MMA.

Here's the quote:
"I have been thinking for a long time. However I feel it's time now. I neither have the motivation or focus and my body doesn't respond anymore. I'm not getting the results that I want. I'm not in the top level to compete anymore and feel it doesn't work anymore. If I don't reach my best then I don't want to compete anymore, I will retire now while I'm up there."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive