Thursday 27 September 2012

Jimi Manuwa speaks about turning down the UFC in the past

Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Manuwa said:

“The first time I got the offer, I had only been training for two years. I was nowhere near ready. I had all stoppages in my fights, but I didn’t feel I was ready. I didn’t want to jump in and then lose and get chopped out, and then be trying to fight to get back in. The second time, I was coming off a long layoff – about 16 months for a big injury. So that one, I didn’t feel I was ready still. But I’ve had two big fights since then and I’ve done a lot more training between fights. I’ve been working on everything I need to work on. I always knew I’d end up (in the UFC) if I kept winning and knocking people out. I always knew they’d end up calling.”
“I’m an exciting fighter. I don’t come to win rounds or the judges’ decision or lay on people. I come to do the business. There’s an exciting fighter coming to the UFC. I train MMA. I train in the clinch, on my back, on top, boxing, kickboxing, everything. I’ve watched (Kingsbury’s fights), but I don’t study them. I let my coaches watch them and tell me what to do. I’m like a character in ‘Street Fighter.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive