Saturday 22 September 2012

Dana White: False that Jones didn't know about UFC 151 cancellation

During Thursday’s UFC 152 pre-fight press conference, which UFC President Dana White wasn’t able to attend, Jon Jones stated the organization never informed him they were going to cancel UFC 151 if he declined a last-second fight against Chael Sonnen to salvage the September 1st event.

“I really don’t know,” Jones said after taking seven long seconds contemplating the question. “I don’t know if it would have made much of a difference if they had told me. But they didn’t tell me that they were going to cancel the fight.

White informed FUEL TV that Jones knew exactly what was going to happen if he shunned Sonnen.
“I’m glad he said some things,”

said White. “I don’t think he would have said that if I was there. It was false that he didn’t know that UFC 151 would be canceled if he didn’t take the fight. I told him it would.
“I think he’s acting like he’s taking it all very lightly. I don’t know if he’s embarrassed. There was a lot of collateral damage from the fallout. He needs to take it seriously. There’s been a lot of fans turn on him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive