Friday 15 June 2012

UFC's Michael Bisping undergoes successful knee surgery, anticipates quick return

Michael Bisping underwent successful knee surgery earlier this week.

The UFC middleweight contender, who recently pulled out of a UFC 149 fight with Tim Boetsch because of the ailment, now is planning a quick return to the cage.

In fact, Bisping anticipates a return to training in just three to four weeks.

"I have to have the surgery," Bisping told FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" earlier this week, which was featured in the Brit's latest video blog. "I have two loose bodies floating around inside my knee, and I also have a slightly torn meniscus.

"While that sounds bad, I don't have to have a reconstruction or major surgery."



On Wednesday, he successfully underwent surgery in Los Angeles with Dr. Steve Mora. He was home and on crutches on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive