Tuesday 29 May 2012

Wand 'pissed off' at 'scared' or 'amateurish' Belfort

After Vitor Belfort dropped out of next month's long, long, long awaited rematch with Wanderlei Silva, the Axe Murderer took to Twitter, expressed pointed dissapointment. Translation by Tatame.
“(Fighting me) with one hand (laughs)? We are professionals. It’s a great irresponsibility not to be careful on training, a great disrespect towards the fans. I’m really sad. I’m ready to knock you out, you have nowhere to run. This fight is happening. I guess you got scared of me. Nobody trains so hard that breaks his hand. We use the best equipments, gloves, bandages."
“If you were scared, you shouldn’t have accepted it. If you really got it broken, it’s amateurism and if you didn’t, you’re scared. In both scenarios, it was irresponsible of you towards the fans. Pardon the word, but I’m pissed with your amateurism. A main event on the biggest event of the world and the guy shows up like that."

Without addressing Wanderlei by name, Belfort responds.
“The emotional imbalance of some reveals their fears. I than your support big time and also my sponsors. Believing in yourself is not being arrogant. I’m still confident and I respect my opponent, which now is my injury."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive