Wednesday 21 March 2012

Rampage: Jones beat me quite easily

Rampage recently voiced intense displeasure with the UFC over perceived slights and opponent's he complained were "leg humpers." The UFC responded by saying he could leave the organization after his final contracted fight, and that that final fight would against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, who is not given to leg humping, unless by humping you mean knee in the face.

The two fought in Pride in 2005 with an unconscious Rampage ending up sprawled through the ropes. Although Rampage faces surgery on both knees, putting the fight off until an uncertain date, in an extended interview with MMA Heat's Karyn Bryant, Rampage offers Shogun respect, and a warning.
"The first time I fought Shogun I was injured," said Rampage. "I dislocated my ankle three weeks into training camp, and I couldn't run for three weeks, so my cardio was pretty bad and we had 10 minute rounds. So that always haunted me.

"I love Shogun, he's a good guy, over the years we've seen each other and we've conversated and he and his brother Ninja are great guys. Me wanting to rematch Shogun is nothing personal.
"Shogun coming up, he was the best back then and I knew I could beat him but it's just unfortunate that I couldn't get my ankle (healthy).
"I just want to get that fight back. Straight up, when I get my knees back together, I'm training my ass off. I got something to prove to Shogun.

"I don't care if I'm just coming off of knee surgery and stuff like that, I'm going to give Shogun a run for his money. Shogun better train pretty hard for this because I know how to train hard.
"When I was training for Jon Jones, that was the best Rampage ever and that's why I give Jon Jones his praise because I have never lost a fight being in that type of shape and he beat me quite easily and submitted me."

source: karynbryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive