Thursday 22 December 2011

Dan Hardy doesn't like Matt Hughes, told Lorenzo Fertitta he wants to fight him

Britain's one and only UFC title challenger Dan Hardy is finally looking at making at a return to the Octagon, and he wants to smash Matt Hughes in the face.

Hardy has taken time away from the Octagon after suffering a fourth straight loss, the latest of which came against Chris Lytle, and he spent the time completely transforming his training camp. The welterweight has worked with the likes of Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort and Georges St-Pierre, and he is finally talking about a UFC return.

The Brit currently does not have an opponent nor date, but he is targeting late Spring for his next fight. Top of his list of opponents would be the legendary Matt Hughes, and Hardy revealed he has already alerted the UFC to the potential fight.

"I've mentioned Matt Hughes to Lorenzo [Fertitta]," Hardy told ESPN. "He's been on a rough streak as well recently, he'll look at me and see I've lost four fights and think he can outwrestle me.

"I also genuinely don't like him. I need a fight to get up for and I'd take great pleasure in smashing him in the face. I won't talk about why I don't like him, it's some knowledge I have about him away from the sport. Even students around where he lives bet against him."

Like Hardy, Hughes is also believed to be potentially one loss from a UFC exit after suffering a knockout at the hands of Josh Koscheck last time out. Asked if the UFC is receptive to the idea, Hardy insisted that nothing is in the works, but he did admit that Fertitta loved the idea.

"Lorenzo would love to see it; more than anything he just likes a good fight! That's why I've not been cut yet because I come to fight. I think Matt Hughes would be an entertaining fight," Hardy said.

"Mind you at the same time, I don't want somebody who's on their way out of the sport. I don't want to go calling out Royce Gracie! I would want Hughes to come to win."


via:ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive