Friday 2 December 2011

Cheng: I can be the Victor



VICTOR CHENG says he’s training harder than ever before as he aims to clinch the Cage Warriors middleweight title in 2012.
Cheng (7-2-0) has been included in next year’s eight-man tournament, which will determine the next CWFC champion in the middleweight division.
 The 26-year-old will join Chris Fields, Jack Mason, Valentino Petrescu, Tony Machado, Danny Roberts and two yet-to-be announced fighters in battling it out for the belt.

“I will do my very best in this tournament and I promise to go all in,” said Cheng. “My training at the moment is the hardest I’ve ever done and I hope to bring home the title.

“I will show you some things that you’ve never seen before. Win or lose, I will come to fight.”

The tournament will kick off with the first two quarter-finals at Cage Warriors Fight Night 3 in the Middle East on February 9, one of which will feature Cheng.
 The Gothenburg native has fought in the region in the past, having lost to John Michael Sheil at Fight Night 1 in Amman, Jordan back in June.

“It was a great honour for me to travel to Jordan,” said Cheng. “The people were very nice and it was great to experience the culture there. 

“The organiser took very good care of us too. But I wasn't pleased with the outcome of the fight.”

Cheng firmly believes he can be the last man standing in next year’s tournament. He added: “I'm very excited. My goal is to go all the way but I will take it one fight at a time. 

“It's a great test for me and it's a great honour for me to get another chance to fight for Cage Warriors.

“My opponents will be tough and they are very talented MMA fighters. But I feel confident and I hope to give something extra to the event.”

For more news on our eight-man middleweight tournament, keep up to date with Cage Warriors on Twitter and Facebook.

 
Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via the following TV partners:
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive