Wednesday 9 November 2011

White:"nervous" about introducing a mainstream audience to the world of mixed martial arts

Photo
"I'm nervous. This is the first time in a long time that I've been nervous. I don't get nervous anymore. I get excited and I get pumped up for fights. But you know, I'm nervous for this fight. I'm genuinely nervous like I was at UFC 30 when we did our first one ... But the way that I approached this whole coming-out party on Fox is, we live in this little bubble. I live in a world of armbars and rear-naked chokes and triangle chokes and ground-and-pound and all that stuff, but there's millions and millions of people who have never even heard of any of that and don't know anything about the UFC. As big as the UFC may seem, it's not. We're so far from mainstream still, and now we've been given the opportunity to do it. That's why Saturday is so important. It feels good and I'm excited, yeah, but I'm nervous, man. I'm excited and I'm nervous, and I don't like to be nervous."

via:sbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive