Sunday 20 November 2011

Dan Henderson: I thought I won the first four rounds, three easily, with a possible 10-8 (Video)

Photo of Dan Henderson being declared the winner over Shogun Rua at UFC 139 by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
"I tried to finish him a couple of times and it tired me out a little bit. He tired to Rocky Balboa-me early on. He wore me out with his head. I thought it was one or two shots away from being finished but he tucked his head in pretty nice. As soon as he got that takedown in the fifth round I knew I had the fight won I just didn't give him a 10-8 round. I would have been very, very surprised if I didn't win and very disappointed in the judges. Honestly, I thought I won the first four rounds, three easily, with a possible 10-8 round. So I knew I had the fight won in the fifth round. It's not the way I like to finish fights but he wasn't doing too much damage and I was still able to move on bottom and recover guard or half-guard once or twice. He did a good job staying on top and recovering mount. Had the fight been real close, I probably would have tried to get back to my feet and finish him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive