Wednesday 12 October 2011

A win against BJ Penn puts Nick Diaz back into a title shot

That's according to UFC President Dana White, who told MMA Weekly that he's prepared to go all Timmy T on this kid and give him "one more try."

All he has to do is defeat former division champion B.J. Penn at UFC 137 on Oct. 29 in Las Vegas. But what about his history of no-showing press conferences and other media obligations?


"I don't see that happening again. He knows, we've talked. Seriously, I would be shocked if he didn't show up at another press conference and if he does, I don't even know what to say. I guess that would be the end of it. He doesn't have to answer one question if he doesn't want to. I just want him to sit there and then get up and do the [face off]. I don’t want him to not be Nick Diaz. I just need him to show up to stuff like that."

Diaz was originally booked to fight Georges St. Pierre for the 170-pound title, but after blowing off consecutive media junkets, White yanked him from the "Sin City" main event in favor of Carlos Condit, who was originally set to challenge "The Prodigy."


source:sbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive