Thursday 6 October 2011

Paul “Semtex” Daley reveals he’ll train with Georges St. Pierre in the coming days, wants UFC rematch with Nick Diaz

Strikeforce welterweight contender, Paul “Semtex” Daley has revealed that he’ll be hooking up with UFC champion, Georges St. Pierre in the coming days as he prepares to go head-to-head with another former star of the octagon, Luigi Fioravanti.

Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Daley said:

“If (UFC Chairman and CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta) came to me and said, ‘What you did we can look past that. Would you like to come back to the UFC?’ I just want everyone to be clear that yeah, I’ve got nothing personal against the UFC, and I do think they are a great organization.”

“I go to Amsterdam next week to finish up my sparring. Then me and Andre Winner will be linking up with the champion himself, Georges St-Pierre, who’s a good friend of Andre Winner’s now, and I’ll be doing the last bit of prep at Tristar.”

As for a potential rematch with Strikeforce welterweight champion, Nick Diaz, Daley said:

“I’ve spoken to a lot of people. A rematch with Nick Diaz, with the UFC’s marketing power – with FOX and everything now – I think they can market the rematch with Nick Diaz if he falls against B.J. Penn really, really well. I just want to put the idea out there.”

Daley is coming off a three round decision win over Jordan Radev on the BAMMA 7 card earlier this month, a fight he would possibly have won by stoppage if it hadn’t been for the Bulgarian’s ultra-tough chin. He is set to face former UFC fighter, Luigi Fioravanti in just a few days time.

source:mmabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive