Monday 24 October 2011

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive interview with TUF 14 star Louis "Good night" Gaudinot


How long have you been doing mma? 
Started at the age of 6 , so 20 years

H
ow did you get into it? And who was your heroes? 
Started karate when I was 6 at Tiger Schulman’s. After the first ufc we started to incorporate grappling. I have always been a fan of mma and grow up watching Tito Ortiz. BJ Penn is also one of my favourites.


So how does it feel to qualify to be in the TUF house? & defeating
Paul McVeigh via TKO? 
I found more out at Paul after the fight.  I didn't know going into the fight that he was the number one 135er in Europe.  I didn't know if he was a grappling or striker but I did know that I came there with a goal of getting into the house and I didn't care who was in my way. Getting the finish at 4:59 of the 3rd round in front of Dana and the coaches was the best victory so far in my career.

Do you think you got the right coach? 
At first I wanted mayhem because I thought we had personalities that match but Bisping is a really nice guy with a good heart. After a couple of days I was happy I was on his team.

How does it feel being coached by The Count?  
He was a good coach and a great friend!

Is there anyone in there you don’t get on with? 
 I was closer with John, Akira, Diego, Josh and Marcus. Everyone else I got along with but didn't spend too much time with. Some people rubbed me the wrong way but nutting too serious.

What are your strong points? What do you think you need to train
Harder in? 
I think I’m balance in everything but I like to strike to make it exciting for the fans. I think I need to improve everything now that I’m at the highest level.

If you make it into the UFC who would your dream matchup be? 
I don't think I have one, but I do wanna fight for the belt one day, hopefully at 125.


If you could fight anyone in any weight class in any organization who
would
It be? 
I would love to fight Brock.... LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive