Thursday 8 September 2011

Nick Diaz: I think its ridiculous that I'm not fighting Georges St. Pierre at UFC 137 (Video)

Photo
Nick Diaz has finally spoken and he's not happy about being removed from his welterweight title fight against Georges St. Pierre at UFC 137 on Oct. 29 in Las Vegas.
The Stockton slugger released a YouTube video in which he discussed his feelings on the events that occurred today, namely that he was taken out of his fight in favor of Carlos Condit thanks to no-showing two straight press conferences.
And while he didn't offer an exact explanation for not showing up, he did offer an apology of sorts:
"I'm sorry I didn't make it to the beauty pageant but I've never not showed up to a fight and I've never backed out of a fight in my life. It's not what I do. I just wanted to throw that out there."
That's not all he had to say ... not by a long shot.

"Another YouTube video. Driving back from... Trying to get back to Stockton here. Trying to get back to Stockton here. I was down in San Franciso at the last minute trying to get on an airplane this morning to go to a press conference for the UFC. Wanted me to fight for the title against Georges St. Pierre and now they're telling me that they're going to give the fight to Carlos Condit, which I think is ridiculous. Georges thinks it's a great idea because Carlos Condit poses an even greater threat so I guess that just leaves me out. It's funny, one second I'm about to come into some money, do a little bit of boxing, probably lose some teeth but I'm ready to get paid.

"I'll fight whoever, whatever, anything. I'd definitely rather fight GSP of course but I was ready to do some boxing. And they didn't like that so they got me out of that. And they got me in the fight with GSP for the same money or more money or whatever but now it looks like they get to save money and I don't get paid and I'm locked in a new contract with all these deal makers making deals. All I know is I'm ready to fight. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the beauty pageant but I've never not showed up to a fight and I've never backed out of a fight in my life. It's not what I do. I just wanted to throw that out there. I don't know. What are you going to do? I'm ready to fight and I think that this is uh, pretty much done here. So, peace out."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive