Wednesday 21 September 2011

Expect a war, says Seery at Cage Warriors 44

Having not fought since November of last year, Neil Seery says he’s looking forward to returning to the cage at the HMV Forum next week when he’ll make his Cage Warriors debut against Niko Gjoka.


Seery has endured a frustrating 2011, which has seen the cancellation of several scheduled bouts. However, Cage Warriors 44 in London on October 1 can’t come quick enough for the 32-year-old Dubliner.
“I can’t wait to get back in the cage,” admitted Seery. “I’ve been out of action this year due to a number of pull-outs by opponents and I’ve also had a couple of minor injuries myself in the lead-up to fights which forced me to pull out. But I am completely fit now and I’m ready for this fight on October 1.”

Seery (8-8-0) normally fights at bantamweight but is dropping to flyweight for his bout with 23-year-old Gjoka (5-6-0), who’ll be eager to make amends for his 3rd round TKO defeat to Olivier Pastor at Cage Warriors 43 in July.

“My preparations have gone according to plan,” Seery explained. “I’ve stuck to cardiovascular work rather than strength and conditioning, due to the fact that I’m cutting weight to 125lbs. There’s less than two weeks to go now and I'm on target with my weight thanks to my diet plan and training regime.”

Seery, a member of Team Ryano, added: “I saw Niko on Cage Warriors 43 and I reckon he’ll be a very tough opponent. I think you can expect a war for three rounds.
“I’m also very excited to be on the Cage Warriors card in London due to the fact that Cage Warriors is the number one show in Europe. I’m absolutely honoured to be a part of it.”

Cage Warriors 44 at the HMV Forum in London on October 1 will be headlined by Brian Foster v Jack Mason and Joseph Duffy v Ivan Musardo (CWFC lightweight title fight). Get your tickets from www.CageWarriors.com. Follow Cage Warriors on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive