Thursday 4 August 2011

Yoel Romero honored to be fighting someone as well decorated as Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante

Strikeforce light heavyweight newcomer, Yoel Romero has revealed he’s honored to be fighting someone the caliber of former light heavyweight champion, Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante when he steps into the cage on September 10th and if you listen to what he has to say this will only be the beginning.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Romero said:

“Feijao is a great competitor and I respect him as a fighter.  I’m honored to fight his caliber of talent. I go in strong and hard and I don’t get taken down. My focus right now is beating Feijao.  After that, we will see what’s next for me… I want to fight the best in the world and right now he (Dan Henderson) is the title holder for Strikeforce.”
“Both of them are fantastic fighters.  Dan is also an Olympic wrestler and a great fighter and Jon does some amazing things in the ring. In Cuba when you are an athlete, you have to pick what you want to do at a very young age and then you are brought up and trained your entire life to compete.”
“When I retired from Wrestling, I still wanted to compete.  With my brother being a boxer and training me, MMA was just a natural next step… Getting used to fighting different styles instead of just wrestling was tough but I train very hard.”

Romero heads to the California based promotion with a perfect 4-0 record, all of which came via TKO. Romero won a silver medal in wrestling at the 2000 Summer Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive