Thursday 4 August 2011

UFC 133 – Mike Brown knows he’s hit a rough patch but he’s not going to let the pressure of the situation get to him

Former WEC featherweight champion, Mike Brown has been giving his thoughts on the three-fight losing skid he finds himself on heading into his UFC 133 clash with Nam Phan this weekend in Philadelphia, but despite that he’s not going to let the pressure of the situation weigh heavily on his shoulders.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Brown said:

“It was rough. I think it was 14 months where it all came crashing down. I was busy. In 14 months I fought six times, which is a lot at a world-class level. I lost four of them. I had one [loss] in like five years or something. I was doing well and then I hit this patch.”
“The first two [losses] were for different reasons. I think Aldo was just — man, he was a step ahead of me on everything and kind of picked me apart, beat me up. With Manny, I think I got caught. With those two, it was hard to tie them together completely. Then the other two, I was trying to look at what was going on and figure out what the problem was. Since then I’ve made a ton of changes in my training and my camp. I think it’s going to work out.”
“I don’t even feel it (the pressure of possibly being cut). It’s like, if it happens, it happens. I want to win the fight so bad regardless of that. Every fight, I think nothing else besides winning. I’m crushed every time that I lose no matter what. … Nothing else matters except getting in there and putting the pedal to the floor and trying to get the guy out of there as quick as you can, try to hurt him before he hurts you. Everything else, to me, is just small potatoes. Just background noise.”

Brown is coming off a difficult three round decision loss to Brazilian submission machine Rani Yahya earlier this year, a fight that saw him pick up a hand injury in the process. Will he return to winning ways against the reality show star and begin another run at the 145 pound title?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive