Saturday 6 August 2011

UFC 134 – Gleison Tibau reveals he offered to step in for the injured Mike Swick in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

UFC lightweight powerhouse, Gleison Tibau has revealed that he had his manager call the UFC to see if there was any possibility that he could replace Mike Swick on the UFC 134 card later this month in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil but it was too late as they’d already found a replacement.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Tibau said:

“When I heard about that fight, I was so hungry to fight in Rio that I called my manager, Dan Lamber, and told him I’d even move up to fight, and he offered me to the UFC. They thanked me, but said they already found a replacement (Luis Ramos). If any lightweight gets injured, call me because I’m ready”

Tibau has moved neatly up the lightweight division ranks in 2011, defeating both Kurt Pellegrino and Rafaello Oliveira in quick succession. Will we see this Brazilian powerhouse in action once again before the end of the year and can he continue this current run of wins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive