Wednesday 3 August 2011

UFC 133 – Nam Phan hopes a win over Mike Brown will legitimise him as a fighter in the UFC

“Ultimate Fighter” season twelve cast member, Nam Phan has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming fight this weekend at UFC 133 in Philadelphia with former WEC champion, Mike Brown, explaining a win over the American Top Team trained fighter will hopefully legitimise him as a star of the octagon.
Speaking via Heavy.com, Phan said:
“Mike is a great fighter and a gentleman in and out of the cage. I respect and look up to him very much. I think I match up very well with him, but what I think is one thing and how I perform is another. So we’ll have to see what I can do. Mike Brown is a former world champion and a very good opponent, so I’m hoping that a victory over Mike will legitimize me as a fighter in the UFC.”
“He’s very dangerous and he’s not one-dimensional. I’m also coming off a loss, too. I don’t want to lose either, so I have to push the pace. Win or lose the fans are going to see fireworks. I don’t think my time away is too much of a concern. I missed a little bit of training, but I’m definitely ready to get back in there.”
“I’d like to think I gained some momentum from the Garcia fight. Normally when you are coming off of the TV show you fight someone from the house. I was originally supposed to face Alex Caceres but he pulled out and I ended up fighting a UFC/WEC veteran. I convincingly beat him, but when the decision was announced I lost and it turned into a big deal after that.”
Phan, a cast member of the twelfth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” hasn’t been seen since he was defeated by Leonard Garcia in December in very controversial fashion. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive