Tuesday 2 August 2011

UFC 133 – Dennis Hallman unfazed by the unorthodox style of Brian Ebersole ahead of Philadelphia showdown

UFC welterweight mainstay, Dennis Hallman has been giving his thoughts on facing another veteran of the sport in the form of Australian native, Brian Ebersole at UFC 133 this weekend in Philadelphia, explaining he’s not at all fazed by the unorthodox style of his opponent.
Speaking via UFC.com, Hallman said:
“I think that he definitely brings some new aspects, but I’ve seen the things that he does. You practice for 15 years, you got guys that do the same kind of thing. I got a really talented guy names Joey Guel and he does a real good job doing the same stuff that Ebersole does.”
Hallman also spoke about the change of diet that’s been forced upon him after he discovered he was allergic to the wheat he would so readily consume.
“For 80-something fights, right after weigh-ins I would carb load with pasta, which is my favorite, and bread, and what I was doing was poisoning my body the night before the fight. Now I eat a lot of vegetables and meat, which is great, but… I can’t even handle talking about it. I love pasta so much and I can’t eat it.”
“I just got done training five fives earlier today and I can go with a fresh guy in the fifth round and have cardio. It’s night and day for me. I used to only be able to train at half speed, so it’s a blessing, and now I can see how far it will take me.”
“I got a family and I want to make money but at the same time, I feel like it’s a new career for me and I want to see what I can do. I think I can beat all the top guys. Even when I had my gluten allergy, on any given day I thought I could beat any one of those guys. Now it’s a level playing field, so let’s see what I can do on a consistent basis.”
Hallman is looking to build on a two-fight winning streak inside the octagon. After losing to John Howard back in 2009 via a last second TKO he saw off Ben Saunders and Karo Parisyan, sending them both packing from the Las Vegas based promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive