Monday 29 August 2011

Thiago Tavares on stopping Spencer Fisher: “Frankie Edgar couldn’t finish him”

UFC lightweight star on the rise, Thiago Tavares has been giving his thoughts on his impressive second round stoppage win over veteran, Spencer Fisher this past weekend at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, adding the man who currently holds the title couldn’t do what he managed to do.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Tavares said:

“It was awesome… I haven’t watch it, but I can see my happiness. I don’t know what happened, I just know I won. I feel like the happiest person alive. When it was over, I didn’t know if I start crying or screaming. It seems like I’ve discovered a whole new world. It was great winning again, especially in UFC Rio. Yesterday was the happiest day of my life.”
“The champion (Frankie Edgar) couldn’t finish him… It’s not that I’m the best in the world, but it shows (Fisher) is tough. He’s good, tough to be finished, but I played the right game.”
“Thanks God I defeated a guy with a big name, who has fought great names of the sport, and I’m happy I got this win. I’ll just keep doing my job and do everything the best way I can, representing my people. I want to fight soon, within the next three months. If I fight until December I’m happy. I never pick opponents and I won’t start doing it now.”

Tavares will now be looking to find a little consistency after picking up three wins in his last seven fights inside the octagon. Can this ultra-talented Brazilian finally begin to live up to the potential he showed prior to stepping into the octagon, something that resulted in a perfect 10-0 record?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive