Monday 29 August 2011

Roger Gracie looking to clear out the Strikeforce light heavyweight division before switching to the UFC

Strikeforce light heavyweight contender, Roger Gracie has been giving his thoughts on where he currently stands in the 205 pound ranks right now, explaining he’s going to be looking to clear out the California based promotions division before moving to the UFC.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Gracie said:

“I think there will be one point, hopefully, where I will have fought the top guys in my weight division and there will be nowhere else for me to fight. I will have to step up. The UFC, every single organization they bought they end up merging. We [don't] know how long they’ll keep Strikeforce. They might keep it for a couple of years. They might kill it tomorrow. You never know.”
“I think it’s just (a matter of) getting ready to be the best fighter I can be. Fight against the best guys and hopefully win them all, and one day I can look back when I retire and say I fought them all and beat them all. Now I can retire happy.”
Gracie takes on former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal next month in an interesting fight that pits the submission skills of the Brazilian against the dynamic power and takedowns of the American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive