Tuesday 2 August 2011

Keith Jardine says if Cung Le is looking for a fight then he’s his man

Former UFC light heavyweight veteran, Keith Jardine has been speaking about the possibility of a fight with former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Cung Le as he looks to make his own 185 pound debut before the end of the year, predicting a fight between the two would be a great match-up and urging the Vietnamese/American to sign on the dotted line.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Jardine said:
“Just looking out there, they need to get a fight for me, and it needs to be a big named guy, I want it to be a big named guy. Looking at Strikeforce seeing who they’ve got and there’s not much bigger than Cung Le. I thought that would be a great match-up.”
“He’s a stand-up fighter. Mousasi doesn’t count cause I had 8 days to train for that, but I want to fight a stand-up fighter, I’ve mostly been fighting wrestler/brawler types. I think it would be a real fun fight. Just to face a guy that you don’t really have to worry about the takedown that much, he’s just going to go in and throw a lot of kicks, and throw a lot of bombs, it just makes for a fun fight for me. A lot of my past few fights are punch, punch, defend the takedown. Sprawl and brawl.”
“He’s only lost once and his one loss he beat the guy in the next fight, Scott Smith I believe. I want to fight a big name, I want to fight somebody like Cung Le, and then after that I want to fight for the Strikeforce title, so that’s my plan. I’ve fought so many guys that have had the belt, but never fought for the belt myself. I’ve probably fought five world champions before, and it’s about time I fight for the title.”
Jardine is coming off a spirited performance against former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Gegard Mousasi, a fight that ended a draw and gave “The Dean of Mean” a foothold within the California based promotions ranks. Is a fight with Cung Le something that interests the fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive