Saturday 27 August 2011

Duane Ludwig set to have minor surgery on his back, hopes to be back in the gym shortly

UFC welterweight veteran, Duane Ludwig has revealed he’ll be back on the operating table in the next few days as he has yet more surgery on his back due to a “smushed back”, but fear not… he hopes to be back in the gym shortly as he prepares for his next fight inside the octagon.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Ludwig said:

“It’s two weeks’ recovery. I’m not too sure what they’re doing – if they’re fusing the discs or what goes on – but I’ve got a smushed disc, and they’re going to do whatever. I’m not sure. It doesn’t sound fun, for sure. I’ve had quite a few surgeries over the last few years and I’m not looking forward to this. But it’s part of the game, and I signed up for it, so I’ll get it done.”
Ludwig picked up perhaps the biggest win of his career to date earlier this month when he defeated “Ultimate Fighter” season seven winner, Amir Sadollah via unanimous decision. Can he keep this latest run going as he claws his way up the welterweight divisions ranks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive