Tuesday 2 August 2011

Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos admits she was tempted by WWE but she’s happy to be returning to fighting

Strikeforce 145 pound female champion, Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos has revealed that she had been interested in doing a longer term project with professional wrestling outfit, the WWE, but is happy to be returning to the mixed martial arts arena later this year.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Santos said:
“I was interested in doing [more than one event] with the WWE, but now I’m fighting again, so I’m going to do that. Since my last fight was finished, I’ve been trying to work on a new contract [with Strikeforce]. It’s almost done, almost done.”
“I’ve been training everything: muay Thai, more jiu-jitsu, boxing, everything. I’ve been getting ready for the next fight, even without a contract. I’m training for a fight, hopefully in September or October.”
Rumours had circulated just weeks ago that a deal had been struck between “Cyborg” and Strikeforce and that the paperwork would be signed over the coming days. That appears to have been premature and negotiations have been ongoing until this present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive