Monday 11 July 2011

Urijah Faber “almost positive” he’ll face Dominick Cruz once again inside the octagon

Former WEC featherweight champion, Urijah Faber has been giving his thoughts on a possible rematch with UFC bantamweight champion, Dominick Cruz, revealing he’s “almost certain” that the duo will square off once again inside the octagon as all parties concerned want to see it happen.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Faber said:
“I’m almost positive we’re going to have a rematch. I think it needs to happen to find out who’s the boss. I don’t feel like I was threatened at all. I feel like I could have done more. He probably feels like he could have done more. I think it needs to happen.”
“I don’t know if it will happen right away because there’s other guys that have earned shots like Demetrious Johnson and Brian Bowles and even a Joseph Benavidez, who’s been just killing guys,” Faber said. “So I’m not like demanding it, but I know it’s going to happen. I’m not going to get beat. I’m going to keep coming for that belt. It’s just a matter of time. Whether it’s right away or I have to win a couple or whatever the case, I’m ready to go again. I think Dana [White], Lorenzo [Fertitta] and everyone else wants that and I think it needs to happen.”
“I think that’s because I didn’t really get hurt in the fight and I feel like I hurt him a couple of times, but you can’t really complain about a close fight,” Faber said. “It’s up to discretion. Although it feels like most people don’t really know what the judges are talking about — I mean, it feels like these days the MMA judges are so off their rockers, you don’t really know what you’re trying to do out there. It’d be great if we had some consistency, but Dominick fought a good fight.”
Both men have now secured a win over each other and despite Cruz running away with the decision in the latest fight Faber did drop him to the canvas on multiple occasions, proving he has the power to stop the champion at the blink of an eye. Stay tuned to MMABay for what’s next for this 135 pound duo as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive