Thursday 7 July 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Rashad Evans has never met a fan that didn't like him

Photo
Jon Kopaloff - Getty ImagesMore photos »
"I think sometimes that once the fans have their mind made up about you, that's it, and I think a lot of it comes from that Matt Hughes thing (during season two of The Ultimate Fighter), where he said I was cocky and that I like to showboat, and I think that stigma has followed me. No matter what I do, they see my personality as concrete, and there's no changing it for a lot of people. A lot of people are very lazy with their opinions, and once their mind is made up one way, they either refuse or it's very hard for them to go another way. But I take the good with the bad, and the good thing is this - I've never met a fan that didn't like me."
-- Rashad Evans talks to UFC.com about his perception amongst fight fans since his days coming up on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season two way back in 2005. "Suga" has consistently drawn respectable buyrates for his main event fights with the promotion but he's long been saddled with the reputation of a cocky heel. He thinks that could be due to Matt Hughes, a coach on season two, putting him on blast for his dance routines during fights while he was in the TUF house. He continued that act at various points since his days on the show, most notably his "who me?" dance after knocking out Chuck Liddell and grabbing his nutsack then blowing a kiss at Forrest Griffin during their title fight at UFC 92. Despite all this, Evans claims he's never met a fan that didn't like him
by Geno Mrosko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive