Thursday 28 July 2011

UFC 133 – Rashad Evans makes it clear he doesn’t like Jon Jones but Tito Ortiz sings a different tune

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans has refused to comment on why but made it perfectly clear that he doesn’t like former friend, training partner and current 205 pound champion, Jon Jones while speaking with the press earlier today.
Speaking to MMABay.co.uk via teleconference call, Evans said:
“I don’t like Jon Jones. I’ll just leave it at that. I just don’t like him.”
Evans UFC 133 opponent, Tito Ortiz seems to have a different take on the youngest ever UFC champion, saying he’s a “cool cat”.
“Jon Jones, I think he’s an amazing champion. I think he’s great, I hung out with him once in Vegas at the [UFC fighter] summit and I think he’s a cool cat. As a competitor, he’s fast, punches awkward, great wrestling ability. He’s a big threat. That’s why he’s the world champion, and I have some work cut out for me. I’m very excited and challenged to do that, but before anybody I’ve got to fight Rashad.”
“It’s his (Evans) time to shine. All the pressure’s on him, it’s his time to shine. He’s supposed to beat Tito Ortiz. I’m here to show why I am still here, and I’ve been here since 1997. I ain’t going anywhere any time soon.”
Evans had indicated the to Las Vegas based promotion that he was happy to fight anyone on August 6th, with not only Ortiz but Lyoto Machida and Vladimir Matyushenko mentioned as possible stand-in replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive