Friday 1 July 2011

UFC 132 – Tito Ortiz determined not to go out like Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture did

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz is one of the last true legends of the sport competing at the highest level after former rivals, Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture hung up their gloves over the past year, but rather than follow suit “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” is determined to rally for one last run.
Speaking during a pre-fight press conference in Las Vegas only yesterday, Ortiz said:
“I still think I have a lot more fight in me. I’m going out on my own terms. I fight the top competitors, the top guys in the world. Every one of my fights in my last four losses I fought top guys in the world.”
“It sucked watching Chuck go out the way he did. We had our bad blood toward each other, but before this company got big – before this business got big – Chuck and I were friends. We’re the first Team Punishment members. To see him go out the way he did, it sucked.”
“Seeing Randy go out the way he did, it was heartfelt. I always looked to Randy as a sort of role model in my life. I’m doing the best I can do to be like Randy. To see him go out the way he did, it sucked.”
Ortiz is looking to bounce back after a disappointing decision loss at the hands of former student, Matt Hamill late last year. He was due to return to the octagon this coming weekend at UFC Fight Night 24 but injury forced him to withdraw. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive