Thursday 14 July 2011

Tito Ortiz talks about his Cinderella story, banking on Evans long layoff giving him the edge

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz has been likening his turnaround in form to that of a Cinderella story ahead of his UFC 133 clash with Rashad Evans on August 6th in Philadelphia, as well as saying his opponents long layoff could just give him the edge when it comes fight time.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Ortiz said:
“Hopefully everybody will be happy. I’m happy; my camp’s happy. The future will hold great things for me, and this Cinderella story is not over yet. The UFC has been my livelihood since day one, before the Fertittas even bought the company. I was the champion and my life and soul was the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I’ve been one of the biggest promoters of the UFC, promoting it and help put it on the map, and thanks to all my fans who do support me. I’ve always wanted that fight against Rashad. He’s had a great camp, I’ve heard, over the last eight weeks or nine weeks. I know he hasn’t fought in over a year, and I really hope I make the right decision.”
Ortiz is coming off a surprising first round submission win over “Ultimate Fighter” season eight winner, Ryan Bader at UFC 132 early on in July, a win that prevented him being axed from the Las Vegas based promotion’s roster. Despite winning two rounds last time out against Evans the fight ended a draw after he repeatedly grabbed the cage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive