Thursday 14 July 2011

Nate Marquardt responds to those calling him out: “I’ll get them. I don’t care if it’s in a super fight or if they want to come to my gym”

Former UFC middleweight title contender, Nate Marquardt has seemingly had enough of fighters calling him out after he was fired by the Las Vegas based promotion after failing to pass a pre-fight medical, explaining he’ll deal with each and every one of them in one way or another.

“Some of the fighters that think they’re so cool and tough by kicking a guy when he’s down – as far as my career, this has been one of the worst times of my life, and these guys are calling me a cheater and talking crap – I’ve taken note as to who those guys are, and I’m going to come for them. Eventually, I’ll get them. I don’t care if it’s in a superfight, or if they want to come down to my gym, and I’ll beat them up for free.
“I think you know who these guys are – Ben Askren, B.J. Penn, Paul Daley, Hector Lombard – cowards talking crap about a guy when he’s in such a situation. They’re trying to take advantage of the situation. They’re bullies. Those are the guys I want to beat up.”
“It’s been hard on me with everything – with the UFC, with people talking crap and people not understanding the situation. It’s been very tough on me, but at the same time, I’m a strong person. I get my strength from God, so I’m able to get through it pretty well and with a pretty positive attitude. I still have a lot of opportunity, a lot of things ahead of me, and I’m very excited to get back to action.”
“I’m not putting the blame on everyone else. Everyone had their little piece of fault, but I accept my part in the blame. The fault that I had, I take responsibility for. There are a few little things that if I could go back in time and change them, I wouldn’t be in this position. There’s things I’m doing now that will prevent this from ever happening again or ever becoming an issue.”
“The truth is going to come out over time. It has already started to come back. I was under suspension for literally less than three weeks, and my suspension was lifted. I didn’t get any fines. This hasn’t happened before in this sport, and it shows that I wasn’t cheating. I have hope. There are craptalkers like B.J. Penn who want to kick a guy when he’s down, and I would love to fight that guy.”
Many of the top promoitions have been waiting and watching to see if the man dubbed “The Great” would be taken of suspension before making a move for him although it’s unclear whether he’ll receive a reprieve from his old bosses at the UFC or maybe make the switch to the other Zuffa LLC. owned promotion, Strikeforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive