Thursday 14 July 2011

Strikeforce Challengers 17 – Liz Carmouche feels Sarah Kaufman will be a tougher test than facing the champion

Strikeforce women’s 135 pound contender, Liz Carmouche has been giving her thoughts on her upcoming Strikeforce Challengers 17 clash with Sarah Kaufman next week in Las Vegas, Nevada, explaining as far as she’s concerned this one will be tougher than when she faced former champion, Marloes Coenen last time out.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Carmouche said:
“That’s everybody’s dream when you’re thinking about being a professional in this sport, is to achieve the top level. But there was no way — I thought maybe five years if I’m lucky, maybe six, maybe more than that. Not in a year’s time did I ever think that I would be facing the champion for a possible world title.”
Her next test comes against former champion, Sarah Kaufman, a fighter she rates higher than the current champion for one major reason.
“Marloes Coenen kind of takes her time with everything. She thinks it out. She picks apart your game. Sarah Kaufman just pushes the tempo. She likes to set her pace and just push forward the entire time, ground-and-pound. I think it’s kind of similar to my style. It’s going to be nice because I like being pushed. I like being challenged and making myself work rather than kind of having to wait the person out. I’m going to enjoy this a lot more.”
Carmouche was unbeaten when she too faced Coenen in March this year on short notice and the rookie dominated the champion for much of the fight only to get snagged in a triangle choke in the fourth round. The powerful female wrestler will look to get back on the title trail when she takes on Kaufman on July 22nd in a fight that could feature on the televised card.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive