Sunday 31 July 2011

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante doing all his hard work in training ahead of September 10th clash with Yoel Romero

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante has been giving his thoughts on how he’s preparing for the challenge of promotional newcomer, Yoel Romero on September 10th, explaining all the hard work will be done over the next few weeks inside the gym.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Cavalcante said:
“The prep is incredible, really good. I’m doing the physical trainings with Rogerio Camoes, technical trainings with Distak, Boxing trainigns with Erivan Conceicao, who I consider to be one of the best boxers in Brazil, Muay Thai I’m training with Pedro Rizzo, who’s always helping me with everything I need, who’s always there for me and is my training partner, a partner in life, a great friend. As Rogerio says: after this, it’s all easy.”
He’s a really complete athlete. Nowadays, everybody’s complete. He knows how to strike, he’s a Cuban, I’m sure he has good Boxing skills, he’s a great wrestler, with good takedowns, I haven’t seen him fighting on the ground yet, he didn’t do it much on the bouts I’ve watched. We have short supply to study, but he’s a complete athlete. I’ll be really prepared for this fight, I’m good with myself and I’ll bring this win to Brazil.”
I’m used to fight wrestler. Most of my fights were against wrestlers. I fought (2:21), who was an American wrestler, I fought King Mo, Dan Henderson… So I always train the takedown defense and counterattack and I’ll do it the same way against him, but I’ll guess he’ll want to strike with me first, but let’s see what happens when we get there.”
Cavalcante will be looking to rebound from a TKO defeat to Dan Henderson last time out, a fight that saw his reign as champion come to an end. Prior to that he’d stopped Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal inside the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive