Saturday 30 July 2011

Martin Kampmann expresses an interest in fighting Jon Fitch next

UFC welterweight prospect, Martin Kampmann has thrown his hat into the ring to be the next man to challenge top ranked contender, Jon Fitch inside the octagon, adding it could be the perfect fight to help him get back on track after back-to-back losses.
Speaking via Fighters.com, Kampmann said:
“I heard that he wanted to fight me, so that could be an exciting fight. I’m coming off of two losses, even though they were both very close fights, but definitely a win over Fitch would put me right back on top. That would be a great opportunity and he’s a very tough opponent – he’s a grinder, he takes people down, wears them out, and those are tough guys to fight. I think anybody can be beat and so can Fitch. It would make for an interesting match-up for sure.”
“I just want to go in there and beat somebody up. Obviously it’s always nice if I can get a name opponent that would help me get back on the right track.”
Kampmann has grown frustrated at not being able to secure a rematch with the last man to beat him inside the octagon, Diego Sanchez, who has already been matched with former long-time champion, Matt Hughes. The same could be said for Fitch and his quest for another fight against B.J. Penn so it would likely make sense to pair these two up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive