Wednesday 13 July 2011

Luiz Cane attempts to squash rumours of beef between him and Wanderlei Silva from 2008

UFC light heavyweight slugger, Luiz Cane has today moved to squash a long-standing rumour that he has issues with former PRIDE champion, Wanderlei Silva dating back to 2008, explaining it was nothing more than a faked interview that was conducted while he was thousands of miles away and that he’s a massive fan of “The Axe Murderer”.
Speaking via TheGarv.com, Cane said:
“This is pure BS. The truth is, in 2008, a stupid guy posted an fake interview in some MMA forum.  He said he interviewed me at UFC Fight Night 15 in Omaha, Nebraska. But on that day I was at my home in Sao Paulo, Brazil.  I never had anything against Wanderlei. He is one of my heroes in this sport and I’m a huge fan of Wanderlei Silva.  I used to stay awake all night to see his fights in Japan, and at the beginning of my career he inspired me a lot with his aggressive style.   I used to see his fights and think,  Man, I want to fight like this guy.”
Cane recently got his octagon career back on track, stopping Eliot Marshall in the first round via TKO. Prior to that he had been stopped himself by top rated strikers, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Cyrille Diabate. He’ll face Stanislav Nedkov next on the UFC 134 card on August 27th in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive