Monday 11 July 2011

Former TUF winner Escudero looking for title shot in England


With the BAMMA 7 card really coming together we continue our series of previews by having a chat with former UFC fighter and winner of The Ultimate Fighter series 8 Efrain Escudero. He faces off against Tim Radcliffe at BAMMA 7 with the winner possibly earning a title shot as we found out recently from BAMMA head of business development, Liam Fisher;


Efrain was of course recently released by the UFC, despite having a winning record in the organisation (3-2), he has subsequently gone 3-1 since leaving the organisation and kept up a punishing schedule that shows he has the desire to fight often and prove he can make it back to the UFC. That he is with BAMMA now really shows that the British organisation is really becoming one of the worlds top fight promotions and an attractive place for the worlds top fighters to be.


Thanks for taking the time to talk to us, looking forward to fighting
in the UK?

Yes I am I've never been there so I gotta make sure I make a stand

What do you know of the UK MMA scene?

I know they love a great fight and that's what I'm gonna give them

BAMMA is becoming a huge draw for fighters and fans alike, are you impressed with them as a promotion?

Yes I am very impressed because I went from not knowing anything about The UK fight organizations to hearing about BAMMA and their huge fan base.

Since your release by the UFC you've been very active, fighting 4 times and 3 times this year alone, do you ever worry that you fight too much?

Nope our fighting window is really short. I'm a fighter and gonna keep fighting until my body can't take it anymore.

You're going to be fighting Tim Radcliffe, another very active fighter with an impressive record, although he hasn't fought at the level you have yet, does that add pressure to you or not?

No I am hired to do a job and thats what I have to do Just fight.

Tim comes from a BJJ background, Are you going to be focussing specifically on nullifying that threat in your training?

Nope I'm a Mma fighter so I train standup ground and wrestling. I'm not scared to go anywhere

Winning TUF was a huge achievement, what was it like in the house? It looks like a bit of a pressure cooker!

Yeah being in that house was crazy and very hectic but fun. I learned a lot from guys in the house and also the coaches.

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us, would you like to mention any of your sponsors?

I want to thank everyone that's by my side still and also to those who are reading this and please follow me on twitter @effyescudero and on my fan page on Facebook and my website http://www.efrainescudero.com
Thanks

@craigdevlinmma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive